If you want to start with the same content just like in our Live Demo at Themeforest. You should import our demo/dummy content.
- Login into your WordPress Admin section (http://www.your-web-site.com/wp-admin)
- Go to Tools -> Import in the blog’s admin panels.
- Click on the WordPress and follow the instructions if Import plugin isn’t installed yet (3.0+).
- Browse the included morphis_wp.xml (XML file) from our Morphis Download Zip Package (e.g. Morphis1.9.2-WP.zip) and Upload the XML file.
- You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- Click the “Download and import file attachments” checkbox to download all image attachments.
- WordPress will then import each of the posts, comments, and categories contained in this file into your blog.
- Navigate to Settings > Reading, under Front Page Displays, click A static page radio button and choose from the Front Page drop-down the Home page template.
- With the morphis_wp.xml, there is also the included Theme Options settings import file, morphis_options_THEME-SKIN.txt (depending on the theme skin and layout). This is the options settings exactly used from the Live Preview. Read about http://kb.pastelfriday.com/morphis/how-to-import-theme-options/.
- Notice that the Sidebar and Footer Widgets are not replicated on your imported demo content. You should be the one to create the widgets. To create widgets, navigate to the left sidebar menu of the WordPress’ Dashboard, then Appearance > Widgets. Just drag and drop the widgets on to the widgets area on the right side of the widgets page.
- After this, you should also update the Menus by going to Appearance > Menus. Locate the Theme Locations box and select from the drop-down “morphis menu”. Click the Save button under it to save the changes.
- You should now have the dummy/demo content similar from the Live Preview of the theme.